Thursday, February 9

Bible Concept Art - Philistine Soldier

Here's a little concept art created from my ongoing Biblical animation project, which is still yet to be revealed. This is my concept for a generic Philistine soldier. Most of my inspiration came from depictions of Philistines on Egyptian reliefs.

I think it would be a lot of fun to animate this soldier. They seem like they would move and fight a lot like a typical Greek soldier. This soldier would also be carrying a spear, which, for whatever reason, wasn't depicted in this particular image (probably to showcase the sword design).

Philistines are an important people group to be familiar with to understand the events in the Old Testament. They were constant enemies, oppressors, and even seducers of Israel, and many men of faith rose up by faith to face them.

According to my research, they were also rather short. Well....most of them, anyway....but that is a story for another time...

No comments: